|Project Manager||Madeline Jensen, BACTS|
|Funding Source||City of Bangor Contract, FTA CARES Act Funding|
The Bus Stop Designation Plan was created to transition Community Connector service from flag stops to fixed stops, as part of implementing the recommendations from the 2019 Stantec Transit Study. Prior to the development of the designations, the Bus Stop Policy and Guidelines were drafted by the transit partners to inform stop placement and create agreement among the municipalities about maintenance expectations. BACTS was under contract to assist with the Bus Stop Designation Plan from December 2020 to July 2022. Major tasks included; data collection, draft proposed stops map and inventory, municipal staff meetings, bus driver meetings, public outreach, and a final proposed stops map and inventory.
The next tasks for the implementation of this project include:
- Identifying a stop/route numbering scheme
- Obtaining a contractor to install signs
- Coordinating with municipalities/public works for sign placement and budget.
- Outreach to the public about implementation of this project
- Coordinating the implementation of the Bus Stop Designation Plan with the finalization of the Bus Stop Policy and Guidelines
Madeline Jensen, Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org (207) 974-3111
Laurie Linscott, Bus Superintendent email@example.com (207) 992-4670 https://www.bangormaine.gov/bus