BACTS serves as the liaison between MaineDOT and the rural communities in Penobscot County to provide technical assistance and planning related services.
BACTS can provide the following services at no cost to the municipalities in this region:
- General Technical Assistance and Municipal Outreach
- Safety Planning and Assistance
- Bicycle, Pedestrian, Complete Streets, and Age-Friendly Planning
- ADA Data Collection
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Data Collection
- Grant Writing
- Comprehensive Planning – Transportation Chapters
Photos (Left to Right) – Speed study data collection / Future trail project in Howland / Traffic Incident Management Training Class
BACTS can assist municipalities in applying for MaineDOT partnerships, including:
- Village Partners Initiative (VPI)
- Municipal Partnership Initiative (MPI)
- Planning Partnership Initiative (PPI)
- Business Partnership Initiative (BPI)
BACTS and MaineDOT staff hosted a Rural Penobscot County Funding and Resources Webinar in April of 2022. A recording of this webinar can be found here.
BACTS is ready to assist your community with all things transportation!
Sara Devlin, Executive Director
or give us a call at (207) 974-3111!